Option 1: Eliminate your antimalware app
The antivirus software tool on your laptop like anti-virus or firewall software can avert WidevineCdm from upgrading efficiently. And we notified you Eliminate your antivirus at first, and try to update WidevineCdm in chrome://components/.
Be aware: You could turn-on your antivirus applications once the upgrade is executed with success.
Option 2: Make sure your pc user has absolute hold to update WidevineCdm directory
1) On your computer system, hold Windows key + R key jointly to launch a Run text box. Then simply write %userprofile%/appdata/local in the box and push Enter.
2) Over the pop-up window, double-click Google > Chrome > User Data.
3) In User Data directory, search for and right-click on WidevineCdm to pick Properties.
4) On open window, hit on Security pane. Simply find out if your account user is empowered with 100 % control.
If in case it’s not, click Edit… to alter the setting. Un-tick the text box of Reject list, then just click Apply > OK to store your setting.
Go back chrome://components/ to confirm for up-date once more.
Option 3: Get rid of Widevine Folder
1) Exit Chrome web browser.
2) Follow step 1)-3) in option 2 to navigate to WidevineCdm directory within laptop or computer.
3) Move the directory to Recycle Bin. Next right-click over the Recycle Bin to pick Empty Recycle Bin.
Go back once again chrome://components/ to make sure for up-date once again.
By applying above methods, you can fix widevine content decryption module Error in Windows OS.